Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Easy does it

In an attempt to ignore all pre-competition common sense, I decided to plan a long run the same day as my indoor soccer game on Memorial Day Monday. Did I also mention that the game was at 11:20PM? The run was fine but my legs had no quickness at all. This issue was compounded by the fact that the team we played was entirely comprised of super-speedy 5'4" Hispanic gentlemen who proceeded to run around me at every opportunity. Oh, forgetful me...due to the late start time, we only had 1 sub, of which I only availed myself once for 1:30 after being kicked in the knee. Following the game I decided that since technically I was still doing a speed workout (very) early Tuesday morning, I was covered and therefore would not wake up for my morning run. That leads me to this morning. I figured I'd be rested and ready to jump back in the saddle. No such luck. I set my own personal slowness mark for a 3 miler, returning to my house in about 30:20. I think tomorrow will be better.

No comments: