Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Bring the Pain (today and in September)

I've survived the soreness of my first soccer game of the season and am very proud that the immobility of my legs and torso didn't keep me from running. As I mentioned earlier, I struggled through a crap 2-miler yesterday morning, but was much better this morning. I did my standard 5K route and held my own. The pace was about 8:15s but full body pain and a really slow pace yesterday made it feel harder.

I have decided that I cannot continue with the short runs if I intend to run my marathon this year...oh wait, I may not have ever mentioned that this was my goal. Yes, my plan is to run a marathon with my baby sister this fall and thus I need longer than 3.1 miles a morning and 5 mile weekend runs. In the short-term I am going to try to gradually move toward 4-5 mile weekly runs (though if it is a choice between doing 3 miles and not running, I'll still do the 5K) and 6-8 miles on the weekends.

No comments: