Saturday, May 5, 2007

36 laps in 79 minutes

The word you're looking for is tedium.

We arrived at our meet in Canon City earlier than I suspected, so my pre-meet run went for 9 miles.

I averaged 8:50's, and I felt pretty darn good. I figured I might as well get my week's long run in since I can't count on the weather or an opening in my schedule at home.

If I hadn't done the 50 laps in the gym the other day, I'm not sure I would have survived, but I got the fabled "second wind" at mile seven (though it didn't last as long as I was hoping).

3 comments:

Matty said...

Here's my weekend training:
Saturday: No run but moved 8 tons of Rick by wheelbarrow
Sunday: 1.5 mile walk with family and Diesel followed by a 4.32 miler (according to the indespensible trainer partner Garmin Forerunner 101) at a pleasing 7:35ish pace. Tough on the uphills, but not too hard.
Monday AM(not technically the weekend, but it is between the work on Friday and Monday): 5k in 25 min. Easy day due to chilly weather and lack of motivation.

Matty said...

I need an editor for these comments. 8 tons of Rick?!? That should be 8 tons of pioneer granite ROCK.

Matty said...

Since you don't seem inclined to waste valuable work time to tell me how your weekday training is going, I'll just keep piling it on your post re: the weekend.

Today I did a 5k again since I never wake up early enough to spend more than 25 minutes on the trail. Unfortunately, the loyal Forerunner's battery died about 2 minutes into the run and I lost all motivation to push.

I now realize that for someone like me whose running roots are in race-training, the watch is mandatory for any decent run and the Forerunner is even better.