Thursday, May 10, 2007

2 in the morning

This morning, I came to work with my running shorts under my work clothes so I could get out of the carpool, drop my stuff in the gym, and run a little. I got in two miles (a simple out-and-back affair). The first mile was mostly uphill (8:08) and the turnaround was a bit faster (7:24) which was, admittedly, a little quick. But when the buses are all approaching the school, you don't want to look like you're loafing. My last quarter was 1:33 (which was actually on the flat-ish sidewalk by the parking lot), but it sure felt good.

I'll try and run again a little this afternoon - nice and easy.

2 comments:

Matty said...

I am suspicious of the chronometer this morning. I pulled a full 5k in 21:34 which equates to just under 7s/mile. Even if the GPS came up short and it should have been 22 minutes, I am extremely pleased. I think the key was my first good opening mile in recent memory.

The Coach said...

Holy cow that's fast. I'm not certain I could really pull that off.